Steak with Parmesan Butter, Balsamic Glaze and Arugula Recipe
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese plus Parmesan cheese shavings
- 1 1/2 tablespoons butter, room temperature
- 1 12-ounce rib-eye steak or NY steak
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup finely chopped shallots
- 1/2 teaspoon (packed) dark brown sugar
- 4 cups (lightly packed) arugula
- 2 large lemon wedges
Mix grated cheese and butter in small bowl. Season generously with salt and pepper; set aside. Sprinkle steak generously with salt and pepper. Heat oil in medium skillet over medium-high heat. Add steak; cook to desired doneness, about 4 minutes per side for medium-rare. Transfer to plate. Add vinegar, shallots, and sugar to skillet; boil until reduced to glaze, stirring constantly, about 1 minute. Divide arugula and Parmesan shavings between 2 plates. Squeeze lemon over. Slice steak; place atop arugula. Top steak with Parmesan butter. Drizzle lightly with glaze.
For a heartier meal, serve with mashed potatoes that have some grated parmesan folded in…this makes them completely yummy! Be sure to adjust the salt in your potato recipe, as you won’t need quite as much.